There are many reasons to weight gain and losing it is never easy, but the worst part is when you cannot do much about it. It happened to me once that I met with a car accident and I was bed ridden for days which led to weight gain. After recovering from the physical injury I had several restrictions to movements and could not exercise.
I use to wonder about the excess weight and thought that I would never be able to get rid of it. I was really heartbroken because I was this fitness freak all my years before the accident and now I had become this teddy bear who can’t do much. It was hell for me as I could not wear some of the best designer clothes I have collected and my wardrobe was just a museum for me now. Fortunately, I was able to come out of this agony with help from a friend. He advised that this is not the end of the world and there is a lot of stuff on the internet about how to lose weight without exercise.
This gave me a new lease of life as I researched a lot on this and found tons of useful information. I thought that I would share this with you so that you don’t have to go through the emotional turmoil that I had to suffer. And I know that not all are fitness freaks and there are many people who are looking for easy ways to lose weight instead of hitting the gym or taking up to swimming or running. This information will help you to lose weight without exercise.
How lose weight without exercise?
Here is all the information you will need to lose weight without slugging it out:
- Use of scale: many times when our dieting plans fail we tend to see the scale as our enemy, but this is not the right approach. Make the scale your ally, it will tell you that whatever you are eating is not right and this will make you think positively about your diet.
- Get rid of water weight: some medications or eating habits tend to retain water in the body which leads to weight gain. Drink as much water as you can; eight to ten glasses a day is the minimum that is required. This will help you to lose excess fluids through urine.
- Live in a natural environment: We tend to live in an artificially made up environment to be comfortable. But a natural habitat is essential for healthy living. If it is too cold expose yourself to the sun as and when possible and don’t turn on the air cooler if it is a bit hot, open the windows and let fresh air in. May be you will perspire a bit, but that is the excess liquid in your body that will be thrown out. And if you are drinking enough water, you need not be concerned about dehydration.
- Take less calories: To lose weight without exercise, it is important that you reduce your calorie intake; as it is you are not burning the calories, so avoid intake as far as possible. When you are on a weight loss regime without exercise take 500 fewer calories every day.
- Say no to high fat foods: Fatty foods will increase your weight as you are not working out. When you buy food read the labels and make sure that you get fat-free or low fat foods. Include fresh fruits and vegetable in your diet and stay away from fried food and fast foods.
- Reduce carbohydrates: People who exercise can munch through 150 grams of carbohydrates every day and still not gain weight. But to quickly lose weight without exercise you need to stick to a diet which is low-carb.
- Increase protein intake: Egg whites, white meat chicken and organic beef are protein rich foods; make all your meals protein rich.
- Avoid sweets: Stop the intake of sugar and sweets. If you have the desire to lose weight, but don’t have the desire or the time to exercise strictly follow a sugar-free diet.
- Small meals: Instead of stuffing in too much food at once, have five or six small meals a day. This will take care of your hunger and the digestive system will be able to function in a more effective manner.
- Don’t starve: Many people think that starving is good for weight loss, but it is not. If you starve for a while the body will absorb all the fats it can when you will have the next meal because of the fear of lack of food in future.
- Once a week have a full meal: Once a week have a wholesome meal; eat all that you like and want. This way the body will stay satisfied and will respond to your diet better.
These are some easy steps to follow in case you are wondering about how to lose weight without exercise. It worked for me fine and I can now wear all the designer clothes I want and I am sure it will help you too.